There are lots of opportunities to volunteer during election seasons—we really can’t do our work without you! Go to the Volunteer link under the Take Action tab for a full description of how you can help.
Below are some volunteer jobs that relate specifically to elections:
- Help organize a fundraiser for a candidate.
- Canvass neighborhoods door to door or make phone calls.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Chieftain regarding a Democratic candidate
- Help with voter registration—training required, but a lot of fun.
- Be a poll watcher on election days. Every polling place needs shifts of Democrats to answer voters’ questions and ensure rules are being followed.
- If you are a registered voter, you can serve as an Election Judge (a paid temporary position). Information on rules for poll watching and how to apply to become an Election Judge are available online at https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Resources/BecomeElectionJudge.html
- Are you a junior or senior in high school and in “good standing?” Colorado uses Student Election Judges (a paid temporary position) who assist at voting sites. Applications and additional information are available at https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Resources/files/studentBrochure.pdf
- Sit at our booth for one of the many festivals and celebrations where we participate—Cinco de Mayo, the State Fair, the Chile Festival, and others—talk to people about what we stand for.