Democratic politics often starts at the grass roots—working with your neighbors to elect Democratic candidates, helping to form our policies, and even running for office!
Give us a call at our headquarters (719-546-2745) and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can—or go to the Volunteer button and submit the volunteer form.
Here are some actions you can take to support your party:
- Attend Executive Committee meetings (each third Tuesday at 5:30 at Dem HQ) to get a feel for how we do business and to let your voice be heard.
- Join one of our committees: Fundraising, Outreach, others.
- Help organize a fundraiser for a candidate.
- Help with our Friday-night bingo event—one Friday a month would be great!
- Contribute to and help set up for the annual awards dinner and silent auction.
- Get involved in elections by canvassing neighborhoods or making phone calls.
- Write a letter to the editor of the Pueblo Chieftain regarding an issue that needs to be addressed.
- Help with voter registration—training required, but a lot of fun.
- Be a poll watcher on election days. Every polling place needs shifts of Democrats to answer voters’ questions and ensure rules are being followed.
- If you are a registered voter, you can serve as an Election Judge (a paid position). Information on rules for poll watching and how to apply to become an Election Judge are available online at https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Resources/BecomeElectionJudge.html
- Are you a junior or senior in high school and in “good standing?” Colorado uses Student Election Judges (a paid position) who assist at voting sites. Applications and additional information are available at https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Resources/files/studentBrochure.pdf
- Help keep the website up to date, and/or contribute information to the website or Facebook page.
- Sit at our booth for one of the many festivals and celebrations where we participate—Cinco de Mayo, the State Fair, the Chile Festival, and others—talk to people about what we stand for.
- Get involved with one of our local partner organizations. We are all working toward similar goals.