Boards and commissions offer the public a chance to become involved in different aspects of local government. Both the City of Pueblo and Pueblo County offer various opportunities to have an impact on the quality and scope of services offered in a wide range of areas through these boards and commissions. Each position is unique to the objective of that board or commission.
It’s critical for Democrats to be well represented on these boards to ensure that our values are promoted at these levels of government. Your voice can be critically important in the direction and value of these entities.
Most positions on the following boards and commissions are appointed by Pueblo County Government or by the City Council.
Examples of Pueblo County Boards and Commissions
- Community Services Advisory Council
- E-911 Emergency Telephone Service Authority Board
- Fountain Creek Watershed Flood Control & Greenway District Citizens’ Advisory Group
- Pueblo City-County Library District, Board of Trustees
- Pueblo County Fair Board
- Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center, Board of Trustees
Pueblo County Boards and Commissions — a full list
Examples of the City of Pueblo Boards and Commissions
- Pueblo Board of Water Works
- Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
City of Pueblo Boards and Commissions — a full list