We are Democrats. We create and develop strong, dynamic, active communities, as well as leaders who champion and foster our core Democratic principles.
Democrats across Pueblo County are committed to the needs and interests of working class families and our local businesses. We seek to build communities where everyone has the opportunity to work hard and succeed. Our commitment to making changes that improve people’s lives supports goals for growth in jobs that provide a living wage, enhancements to our schools, fairness for all, and the advancement of our economy.
The Pueblo County Democratic Party is home to the people and the leaders who work to turn ideas into realities. Use the links in this About Us menu to learn more about what we do as a county party organization to come together and promote our shared Democratic values. Take a moment and sign up for our emails, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and find ways to get involved. We want to hear from you!
We are everyday citizens just like you. We work hard for our paychecks to put a roof over our heads and food on the table. We worry about safety in our schools, our neighborhoods, our places of worship, and our workplaces. We worry about making sure our kids get a quality education all the way through college. We worry about whether our families will have adequate healthcare, and whether we’re only one medical emergency away from financial ruin. We worry about our neighbors, friends, and family members facing discrimination because of their race, gender, creed, or sexual preference.
Just like you, we have your best interests in mind when courts rule on cases, legislators make laws, and governors and presidents sign bills. Because of this, we are Democrats.
Ongoing Programs. As the Pueblo County embodiment of the party that has always stood for the people, we advance our goals through several ongoing programs:
- Voter Registration. We encourage voter registration and send out volunteers to many local events to help people register to vote.
- Precinct Organizing. Our network of volunteer Precinct Chairs receives training in how to lead primary caucuses, and they help with get-out-the-vote efforts in their precincts. They go to voters where they live, providing information on endorsed candidates and motivating our supporters to vote.
- Candidate Support. We hold ongoing fundraising projects to raise money for local Democratic candidates. We also provide person-power in the way of neighborhood canvassers, phone-bankers, and data specialists.
- Communications. To build the party and support Democratic campaigns, we proactively communicate our message through the media to Democrats and to the general public. We also build relationships with community allies and partner organizations to promote our shared values and priorities.
- Fundraising and Infrastructure. The resources to accomplish our goals come from our local supporters in Pueblo County. We raise funds to keep our doors open, help our candidates, and build an infrastructure to benefit all Pueblo County Democrats.